The main emphasis of the European Nursing Informatics Congress 2019 is the topic of innovations in both inpatient and outpatient nursing. New technologies have been established in the world of work. IT is arriving more and more in the fields of nursing and healthcare, offering promising solutions to the challenges the healthcare system and its players are facing. Nevertheless, there are many questions and concerns regarding the field of ‘Healthcare 4.0’.
The main issues of the ENI Congress 2019 will be:
- interdisciplinarity / interprofessionalism
- overcoming thresholds between sectors (such as in- and outpatient nursing)
- technological support for healthcare in rural areas as well as for homecare (such as the role of the municipality, demand-based provision, AAL)
- robotics in nursing (such as geriatronics)
- consequences for ethics and nursing competence profiles the perspective of the persons involved (patients, people with disabilities,informal caregivers)
Authors are called to submit an abstract on the congress subject. Abstracts can address strategies of implementing new mission statements, ‘lessons learned’ by scientific and practical projects, best-practice-concepts regarding the transfer from education or leadership. However, they may also challenge the ethical and technological aspects.
Submissions will be accepted till Feb. 28th 2019 in the form of abstracts (German/English).
Submissions on the following categories concerning the congress theme are welcome:
- practical contributions
- scientific contributions
- methodological contributions
- poster presentations
- other types such as science slam or workshops can be submitted as special contributions
Educational as well as scientific institutions in nursing and healthcare are asked to participate actively in their own and thus national as well as international promotion of young professionals. For this purpose, scientific qualification works (particularly bachelor or master thesis) completed from Oct. 1st 2017 to Jan. 15th 2019 can be submitted. Qualification works will be examined by an international scientific advisory board with the perspective of being awarded with prize money.
ENI congress accepts submissions exclusively via www.kongress-eni.eu/prs.
Any submitted contribution will undergo a peer-review process. The evaluation will follow a standardized double-blind peer review process. Applicants will be informed about the results of the process within four weeks from the submission deadline.